Sunday, December 2, 2012

LOOKING FOR EYEWEAR




I am in search of unwanted eyewear to debut in my next Assemblage which I will create this month. I have a vision of what I want to create but the idea cannot fully form until I see what I have to work with… (all puns intended!) So, if you have unwanted eyewear that you no longer need or use, please consider having it made into art!

As one of the feature artists at Frame of Mind for December and January, I want to create a piece that has a relationship with the gallery where it will hang. The eyewear shop at 1520 Main Street is the place where the First Thursday Art Walk began, through the vision of its owner, Mark Plessinger. It has now grown into many galleries (or retail shops hosting art) along several blocks of Main Street. On the first Thursdays of the month you will find a bustling crowd moving in and out of the shops, with street performers and musicians also participating. And this holiday season, there is a temporary ice-skating rink set up in Boyd Plaza, in front of the Columbia Museum of Art...which is right across the street from Frame of Mind.

The show will open tonight, December 6th, and I will be collecting eyewear for the next couple of weeks. The new Assemblage will be displayed at the First Thursday opening on January 3, 2013.  

No comments:

Post a Comment